Application & Registration Procedures for Prospective International Students of USST
发布时间:2012-11-27  浏览次数:




1. Applicants dispatch application documents:

(1) Application Form for International Students filled in Chinese or English, the form is available at

(2) Valid Highest Education Certificate. A copy of degree diplomas and notarized Chinese or English translation. If the verification is written in a language other than Chinese or English, it must be translated into either English or Chinese with official notarization. If applicants are either students or have been employed, they must submit appropriate verification. 

(3) Official transcripts of study records in Chinese or English. Chinese or English translations of the transcripts should be notarized;

(4) Study Plan  in Chinese or English

(5) 2 recommendation letters from either full professors or associate professors ( for Doctoral degree program applicants only)

(6) Copy of Chinese language proficiency test result of HSK 5 or above ( for students taking programs conduct in Chinese only);

(7) Students who apply for art programs should provide their works

Visiting students (non-exchange students)need only submit copies of passport, resume, Application Form for International Students, recommendation letter from home university to the International Students Office of USST by mail or Email.

Note: All materials as mentioned above will not be returned.


Application materials should be submitted to:

International Students Office,

Rm.208, Gezhi Building,

No.516, Jun gong Rd., Shanghai

Zip code; 200093

Contact phone: +86-21-55270783    Fax: +86-21-55270783



Deadline: Jun 10th


2.“Admission Notice” and approved “Visa Application for Study in China”(known as the JW202 Form) will be mailed to prospective students.


3. The prospective students should apply for X (for study over 180 days) or F (for study less than 180 days) visa by presenting the “Admission Notice” and “Visa Application for Study in China” to the Chinese Embassy.


4.The prospective students should register within valid dates as indicated in the “Admission Notice”


5. Application fee and tuition (relevant information available at should be paid in advance by each academic year, to the university upon registration.


6. Buying comprehensive medical insurance is a basic requirement of the Chinese government and International Student Office will assist in the buying process. Reference on web:


7. International students who will be studying in China for more than 6 months are required to obtain a Student Visa, namely, “X” visa. The “X” Visa will only be valid for 30 days after the students’ arrival. The student mush apply for a Residence Permit within these 30 days in order to obtain a legal status in China.

Students who will be staying and studying in China for less than 6 months are required to apply for a Visiting Visa, also termed as “F” Visa. “F” Visa holders are not required to apply for a Residence Permit.

If a student enters the country with a different visa, he/she must promptly apply for a Residence Permit.

Details is available at

Assistance can be solicited from the in-charge school/college or International Students Office.