Chinese Government Scholarship Students:
In accordance with the relevant regulations of China Scholarship Council, the administrative rules of the Chinese Government Scholarship for the 2022/2023 academic year of University of Shanghai for Science and Technology are hereby announced as follows. Please follow them.
1、 Return to USST campus
（1） All overseas scholarship students, including those admitted in 2020 and 2021 with retained qualifications and those who have suspended their studies due to COVID-19, should report their intention to return to Hujiang College.
（2） In principle, scholarship students should enter China and return to school before August 31, 2023. Those who are unable to return to school should submit a written explanation to Hujiang College before mid-March, 2023. Preppy students who do not participate in online teaching should register in China before the start of the fall semester.
（3） Scholarship students shall comply with the relevant regulations of China on epidemic prevention and control. Those who refuse to comply with relevant regulations or seriously violate the epidemic prevention policy during the period of entry and return to school will be disqualified.
（1） All scholarship students who are able to participate in online or offline teaching during the 2022/2023 academic year are required to register their student status.
（2） Scholarship students are required to complete the registration in the Chinese Government Scholarship Management Information System (hereinafter referred to as the Management System) from September 1st to September 20th. The University will review and confirm the student registration information.
Scholarship students must register in the management system from March 1st to March 30th. The university will review and confirm the student registration information..
Please use the CSC registration number to land management system and complete the registration https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/?9FyBl6JDFLTe=1662545759941#/login, forgetting the CSC registration number or password, Email email@example.com for your CSC registration number or to request a password reset. The corresponding teaching method (online/offline) should be selected at the time of registration. Online refers to scholarship students taking online courses overseas, and offline refers to scholarship students taking online or offline courses in China. If the passport number is wrong in the basic information, scholarship students can inform the International Students Office of the International Exchange Office (hereinafter referred to as the International Students Office) to modify it in time; If any other information is incorrect, scholarship students shall submit an application for information change through the management system after registration, and the university will revise the application in the system after review. If the student status information is wrong, the International Student Office shall report it to the China Scholarship Council for examination and approval through the management system according to relevant regulations.
请用CSC登记号登陆管理系统并完成注册 https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/?9FyBl6JDFLTe=1662545759941#/login，遗忘CSC登记号或登陆密码的，请发邮件至huakf@usst.edu.cn问询CSC登记号或申请重置密码。注册时应选择对应的授课方式（线上/线下），其中，“线上”指在境外参加线上课程的奖学金生，“线下”指在境内参加线上或线下课程的奖学金生。 基本信息中，护照号码有误的，奖学金生可通知国际交流处留学生办公室（以下简称“留学生办公室”）及时在系统内修改; 其余信息有误的，需在完成注册后，由奖学金生通过管理系统提交信息变更申请，学校审核后在系统内进行修改。学籍信息有误的，留学生办公室按相关规定通过管理系统报国家留学基金委员会审批。
For the 2022 freshmen who cannot enter the country and do not meet the requirements of online study, and the 2020 and 2021 scholarship students who have applied for the retention qualification, they should confirm with Hujiang College whether they still intend to come to China. With the approval of Hujiang College, the scholarship qualification can be temporarily retained until the end of August 2023. Preparatory students who do not participate in online teaching should, in principle, register in China before the fall semester of 2023/2024 academic year. Old students who are unable to participate in teaching should apply for suspension.
If the scholarship student gives up the opportunity studying in China or fails to register within the time limit, USST will confirm waive in the management system.
3、 Review of Freshmen Scholarship Qualification
New students who fail to pass the qualification review shall not be registered. Overseas students registered online will be eligible for the Chinese Government scholarship only after they have registered on campus and passed the scholarship eligibility review. If any of the following circumstances occurs, the student will be deemed to have failed the re-examination, and the university will report to the China Scholarship Council for review and cancel the student's scholarship eligibility:
（1） The scholarship student does not comply with the important personal information provided on application.
（2） Provide false education certificates, language proficiency certificates, admission letters and other materials.
（3） The actual state of health of the scholarship student does not correspond to the information recorded on the medical examination form or to the promise of his/her health.
（4） Enjoy other scholarships set up by Chinese governments at all levels and universities.
4、 Disbursement of Living Allowance
According to the relevant administrative regulations of the Ministry of Education during the period of epidemic prevention and control, the living allowance of scholarship students will be granted according to the following measures:
（1） Lliving allowance will be granted to the students who are enrolled in the school and participate in the teaching of the school and the new students who pass the review of scholarship eligibility.
（2） For the former students who have returned to China and can guarantee the normal academic progress and pass the academic examination,. their living allowance will be paid after they return to school, and their living allowance during the overseas study period will be refunded
（3） For former students who cannot return to school from abroad, they should participate in online teaching according to the requirements of the school, ensure the normal academic progress and pass the academic examination. Their living allowances will be refunded after they return to school. In case of real living difficulties, 50% of the living allowance will be paid every month from the month of application after the application is submitted and approved by the school, and the rest will be paid after returning to school. For those who graduate out of China normally, the university will reimburse the living allowance during their study in one lump sum
（4） For students who have not yet come to China (including students of Grade 2020, 2021 and 2022), the living allowance will be paid after they have registered in China and passed the review of scholarship eligibility. Living allowance will not be granted to those who have completed their studies or graduated out of China.
5、 Changes of study status
Scholarship students are generally not allowed to change the school, study level, study major, teaching language, length of study and other school status information after admission. If it is necessary to change, students should submit an application through the management system within the specified time and notify the application content by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. After approval by the university, the application should be submitted to the China Scholarship Council for approval. Applications for change of major, change of student category, change of teaching language, change of Chinese tutoring and change of school transfer will be accepted from September 1 to October 15, 2022. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
（1） Change of Major
1. Scholarship students who apply to change their major during their study period must obtain the approval of the Chinese Embassy in China or the scholarship application accepting agency, and pass the language and academic ability examination of the major transferred to. In principle, the scholarship period shall not be changed after the change of major, except for the change of the length of study.
2. Scholarship students can apply for a change of major only once during their academic years.
（2） Student category change
1. Students with academic qualifications who apply to improve their study level must submit corresponding academic certificates and pass relevant academic examinations; An application for lowering the learning level shall not be approved
2. The change from academic students to advanced students must be approved by the embassy in China or the application accepting agency.
3. The specific requirements of each independent program shall prevail for students applying to change the student category.
（3） Change of teaching language
1. The teaching language of undergraduate students must be Chinese and cannot be changed to English or other foreign languages.
2. Postgraduates or advanced students who were originally admitted to teach in English can apply for changing to teach in Chinese if their Chinese proficiency level meets the requirements of scholarship application after assessment.
3. Postgraduates or advanced students who were originally admitted to teach in Chinese can apply for changing the teaching language if their English or other foreign language level meets the learning requirements of relevant majors after assessment.
4. Scholarship students can only change the teaching language once during the study period.
（4）Remedial of Chinese language ability
1. If the Chinese language level of the students is not up to the requirements of the major, the undergraduate students can apply to transfer to the preparatory school for an additional year of preparatory study. Postgraduates or advanced students may apply for an additional year of Chinese language study at the University or other scholarship institutions.
2. Postgraduates or advanced students who were originally enrolled in English courses and apply to change to Chinese courses, but their Chinese level does not meet the learning requirements, can apply for an additional year of Chinese tutoring.
3. Students who, after one year of preparatory study or remedial Chinese study, have not yet met the requirements of their major studies (in principle, their Chinese proficiency must be one level below the requirements of their major studies, i.e., level 3 for HSK Level 4, level 4 for HSK Level 5, and Level 5 for HSK level 6) may apply for an additional one year Chinese proficiency scholarship. Those who do not meet the above requirements can apply for one additional year of Chinese tutoring at their own expense, during which the scholarship qualification will be retained. Students who still fail to meet the admission requirements after two years of Chinese tutoring will be disqualified from the scholarship.
4. Students who have not obtained the certificate of Chinese proficiency that meets the admission standards at the time of admission but have issued the certificate of Chinese proficiency after admission, and have met the requirements of professional learning after the school test, can apply for cancellation of Chinese remedial study or preparatory study.
5. For postgraduates or advanced students whose teaching language is Chinese at the time of admission, and who apply to change the teaching language to English or other foreign languages, their Chinese tutoring arrangement will be cancelled after the school tests meet the requirements for professional learning.
（5） Extension of scholarship
1. The duration of the scholarship for undergraduate and postgraduate students shall not be extended in principle.
2. Doctoral candidates who have passed the annual review, proposal report and mid-term review can apply to the National Scholarship Council for extension of the scholarship period through the university before the specified date (usually in May, the university will issue a formal notice). The scholarship period can be extended after the approval is obtained. The scholarship period can be extended for a maximum of one year
1. Students who are unable to continue their studies at their original institution due to their major, supervisor or research direction may apply for a transfer.
2. The students who apply for transfer to another school can only transfer to another school after obtaining the approval of the transferring institution, the embassy of their home country in China or the application accepting agency, as well as the review and approval of the China Scholarship Council. The scholarship period will not be extended after transfer.
3. In principle, students of independent enrollment programs are not allowed to transfer, and students of other programs are only allowed to transfer once during their study.
（7） Suspension and resumption of schooling
1. Scholarship students should submit a suspension to the university during their studies, and the university will review the suspension and submit it to the China Scholarship Council for record. In principle, the suspension period is one year at most (except for students who cannot come to China due to practical difficulties), during which the scholarship will be suspended.
2. Students who apply to resume study after suspension shall be reviewed by the school and submitted to the China Scholarship Council for record. Students should apply to the school to resume their studies one month before the suspension expires. The scholarship period will be extended after the resumption of study.
（8） Expulsion and withdrawal
1. Scholarship students who wish to withdraw from school for personal reasons shall be examined by the university and reported to the China Scholarship Council for record.
2. Prior to any decision to withdraw or expel a scholarship student, the school must report to the National Scholarship Council for approval l.
6、 Scholarship evaluation
1. The annual scholarship review will be completed in accordance with the work notice issued by the National Scholarship Council, which is usually issued in the spring semester (April).
2. Students who pass the annual audit will be eligible for the 2023/2024 scholarship. Those who do not participate in the annual audit without reason will be disqualified for the scholarship.
3. Students whose behavior has met the conditions of suspension or cancellation of scholarship will be reported to the National Scholarship Council and will be dealt with according to the annual audit methods.