To All USST International Student：
Since the outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus（COVID-19）, Chinese government at all levels are actively taking strict measures to curb the spread of the epidemic.
University of Shanghai for Science and Technology(USST) deployed and carried out the prevention and control work as soon as possible. All the divisions, departments, and general services of university are in action. All teachers and staff members are striving to ensure that every one of you stay away from the disease, and stay healthy and safe.
We would like to thank you for your active cooperation in our work from the early stage of the epidemic prevention and control, your timely response to the student counselors（Fudaoyuan）, the class teachers, the mentors, etc., has provided reliable information for the university to make decisions and also provided us with valuable time. We still need to further call for your active cooperation in the following aspects:
1. Strictly abide by the requirement not to return to the university before the beginning of the semester: the university will not open before the end of February, and the specific opening time will be determined according to the development of the epidemic situation after scientific evaluation. Once the opening date is determined, it will be announced in advance. In order to minimize the flow of personnel, students are not allowed to return to university before the start of the semester. Those who return without permission will be subject to university penalty according to the situation.
2. Enclosed management on campus: The hygienic control and epidemic prevention is carried out on entering campus area. All people must pass the body temperature test before entering. Those who have fever are forbidden to enter. Students must enter the campus with relevant id certificates, and unregistered vehicles are not allowed to enter without permission. In addition, express delivery and takeout food delivery have been banned from entering campus area.
3. Enclosed management of international students dormitory: name verification and body temperature test need to be done when entering or exiting the dormitory area. It is strictly forbidden for non-USST students to enter the dormitory area or stay in the dormitory room.
4.Keep your hands sanitized. Try to avoid touching public objects and parts in public areas. After returning from public areas, covering your cough, using the restroom, and before meals, please wash your hands with soap or liquid soap under running water, or use alcoholic hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes when you are unsure whether your hands are clean or not. Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow when sneeze or cough.
5. The prevention and control of the disease are now at a critical stage. I hope everyone continues to enhance their awareness and ability of personal protection, keep alert, refrain from going out or gathering, and avoid visiting crowded places. Stay at home（Hall of Residence） and minimize interpersonal contact, as they are the best ways of protecting yourself and your family members and also the greatest contribution to the society.
6. Wear a mask and seek medical attention at nearby hospitals in case of suspicious symptoms. Go to medical institution in a timely manner in case of the suspicious symptoms relating to the pneumonia caused by Novel Coronavirus are found. Such symptoms include fever, cough, pharyngalgia, chest distress, dyspnea, mildly poor appetite, feebleness, mild lethargy, nausea, diarrhea, headache, palpitation, conjunctivitis, mildly sore limb or back muscles, etc. Try to avoid taking metro, bus and other public transportation and visiting crowded areas. Tell the doctor your travel and residence history in epidemic areas, and who you met after you got the disease. Cooperate with your doctor on the relevant queries.
7.For students who are currently outside PRC, please comply with Coronavirus-related prevention requirements and regulations of the host country and enhance the consciousness of self-protection.
8.There will be growing pressure on body temperature check and health information recording at all intersections and ports. In order to improve the traffic efficiency and reduce the waiting time in line, you are advised to fill in the personal health information form at home or before departure for Shanghai. Currently, two online filling methods are provided. You can download the “健康云”(Healthcare Cloud) APP on your mobile phone. After registering it with your real name, you can log in to enter the “上海新型肺炎公共服务平台”(Shanghai 2019-nCoV Public Service Platform) and fill in the health information form on the health information recording system for those traveling to Shanghai. Alternatively, you can follow the official WeChat account of 上海健康云（Shanghai Healthcare Cloud）, enter the 新冠防控（2019-nCoV Prevention and Control）column, and fill in the health information form on the health information recording module. After the form is completed, you will receive the SMS verification code indicating successful completion. At the passes into Shanghai, you can show the SMS verification code to the staff checking your body temperature at all intersections and ports for quick passage.
9.According to announcement of Office of Shanghai Municipal Leading Group on Preventing and Controlling the Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia, Shanghai will change the list of high-risk countries (regions) as follows to prevent and control COVID-19 depending on the epidemic development across the globe and the actualities of preventing imported cases in the city:
Replace Japan with the Philippines in the previously announced high-risk countries. Now the 24 high-risk countries are the Republic of Korea (ROK), the Philippines, Iran, Italy, France, Spain, Germany, the USA, the UK, Switzerland, Sweden, Belgium, Norway, the Netherlands, Denmark, Austria, Australia, Malaysia, Greece, the Czech Republic, Finland, Qatar, Canada and Saudi Arabia.
All those who have travelled to or lived in the abovesaid 24 countries within 14 days before the date of entry into Shanghai will be subject to home isolation or centralized quarantine for medical observation from 0:00 on March 23, 2020 pursuant to related rules and regulations.
People with a history of travelling or living in countries on the city’s epidemic prevention watchlist will get a red QR code after their entry into Shanghai in order to control coronavirus transmission from overseas.The city will give the red QR codes to all those entering Shanghai who have been to areas on its watchlist within 14 days prior to arrival.The red codes will alert local epidemic prevention and control workers that these people should be quarantined.There are now 24 countries or regions on city’s watchlist for epidemic prevention and control. These are South Korea, Italy, Iran, the Philippines, France, Spain, Germany, the US, the UK, Switzerland, Sweden, Belgium, Norway, the Netherlands, Denmark, Austria, Australia, Malaysia, Greece, the Czech Republic, Finland, Qatar, Canada and Saudi Arabia.All Chinese and foreigners who have been to these countries or regions within 14 days before entry into Shanghai will be put under homebound or concentrated isolation for 14 days.
10.In view of the rapid spread of COVID-19 across the world, China has decided to temporarily suspend the entry into China by foreign nationals holding visas or residence permits still valid to the time of this announcement, effective from 0 a.m., 28 march 2020. Entry by foreign nationals with APEC Business Travel Cards will be suspended as well. Policies including port visas, 24/72/144-hour visa-free transit policy, Hainan 30-day visa-free policy, 15-day visa-free policy specified for foreign cruise-group-tour through Shanghai Port, Guangdong 144-hour visa-free policy specified for foreign tour groups from Hong Kong or Macao SAR, and Guangxi 15-day visa-free policy specified for foreign tour groups of ASEAN countries will also be temporarily suspended. Entry with diplomatic, service, courtesy or C visas will not be affected. Foreign nationals coming to China for necessary economic, trade, scientific or technological activities or out of emergency humanitarian needs may apply for visas at Chinese embassies or consulates. Entry by foreign nationals with visas issued after this announcement will not be affected.The suspension is a temporary measure that China is compelled to take in light of the outbreak situation and the practices of other countries. China will stay in close touch with all sides and properly handle personnel exchanges with the rest of the world under the special circumstances. The above-mentioned measures will be calibrated in light of the evolving situation and announced accordingly.（Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China，National Immigration Administration 2020-3-26）
China will hold a national mourning Saturday for martyrs who died in the fight against the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak and compatriots died of the disease, according to the State Council.
During the commemoration, national flags will fly at half-mast across the country and public recreational activities will be suspended across the country.
At 10:00 a.m. Saturday, Chinese people nationwide will observe three minutes of silence to mourn for the diseased, while air raid sirens and horns of automobiles, trains and ships will wail in grief.（2020-04-03）
No matter where you are on the earth, we hope you can take good care of yourself. All of One Heart Winning the Fight against the Disease！
International Affairs Office(International Students Office),USST
February 5, 2020